The Clarence Dillon Public Library offers Notary Public Service as a courtesy to the residents of Bedminster and Far Hills and patrons of the library. This service is provided free of charge. A notary is not an attorney licensed to practice law and may not give legal advice about immigration or any other legal matter or accept fees for legal advice.
ALL DOCUMENTS TO BE NOTARIZED MUST BE SIGNED IN THE PRESENCE OF A NOTARY
- Valid photo identification is required if any person seeking Notary Service
- Notary Service is NOT available for deeds, wills, living wills, living trusts, codicils, depositions, adoptions, mortgages, or real estate transactions
- Public documents such as birth certificates, death certificates, and marriage certificates cannot be copied and notarized
- New Jersey law requires that a Notary and customer seeking notarization be able to communicate directly with each other. Notaries are not permitted to make use of a translator to communicate with a Notary Service customer.
- In accordance with New Jersey Notarial Law, if the customer, document or circumstances of the request raises any issue of authenticity, ambiguity, doubt or uncertainty for the Notary, the Notary may, at her sole discretion, decline to provide Notary Service.
- In situations where a witness is required the Library will not provide witnesses, and witnesses may not be solicited from patrons using the Library. In order to serve as a witness, the witness must personally know the individual whose document is being notarized and must be in possession of a valid photo identification
- To ensure that the Notary is available it is best to call the Library prior to a visit at 908-234-2325.