Meeting Room Guidelines
Please note: Kindly read and keep this information page. Sign and return the application form. (A failure to comply with
library policies may result in the loss of your security deposit).
Policy: The primary function of the meeting rooms of the Clarence Dillon Library is to provide a facility for events
sponsored by the library. The secondary function of the meeting rooms is to provide a facility for events sponsored by
local and non-local organizations and individuals.
- That an event is held at the library does not constitute an endorsement of the policies or beliefs of the
organizations/individuals sponsoring the activity, by the library or by the library’s board of trustees.
- The library advocates and adheres to the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Library personnel may not act as agents for, or representatives of outside organizations or individuals.
- Library staff must have sufficient advance notice about room set up requests including number of chairs, tables,
A/V equipment, etc.
- Please note that set up needs and staff support for library sponsored events will always take precedence
and staff availability cannot be guaranteed. Last minute changes in requests for specialized equipment or
significantly increased seating and table may not be able to be honored. Every effort will be made to
arrange for meeting set up but unexpected events may disrupt event due to limitations caused by schedules
and limited knowledge of operating and setting up specialized equipment.
- Meeting coordinators are responsible for creating and furnishing materials connected with a meeting. Flyers
announcing event can be placed on the Café’s bulletin board and in a limited space near the Circulation desk.
Staff is not available to provide assistance with creating and distributing promotional materials or event
invitations to media and individuals. Upon request, the library can make a limited amount of copies or print
outs of flyers or brochures as needed.
- Signs announcing events cannot be posted on the room doors or in the entrance ways except on the day of the
event and these are to be removed promptly upon the conclusion of the event. Replacement of library event
materials from tables and bulletin boards with your own materials is strictly forbidden. Large posters or window
signs announcing events are only allowed with express permission from the library director.
- Events held in the meeting rooms are open to the public at all times, without regard to race, sex, creed or
- No entrance fees may be charged by applicants to attendees of any event on library property. The sale of
merchandise or services is strictly forbidden.
- No alcohol is to be served.
- Reservations are to be made at least two weeks prior to the actual date.
- The application is to be filled out and signed.
- A security deposit may be requested prior to approval of the application.
- Checks are to be made payable to: Clarence Dillon Public Library. Please do not write check out to Cash.
- Events need to take place during the library’s regular hours.
- Events must end before 8:45 p.m. Monday –Thursday.
- Events must end before 4:45 p.m. Friday and Saturday (2:45p.m. on Saturdays during July and August).
- Events must end before 3:45 p.m. Sunday.
- The library will be closed and locked promptly at its scheduled closing time…without exception.
Donations are optional and help to defray the costs of both custodial care and general maintenance that allows us to keep
the rooms at their optimum. While $25 has been the accepted amount for non-profit organizations and $50 for for-profit
businesses, amount of donation is at discretion of party using room.
- Refundable security deposit of $50 for use of the room
- Refundable security deposit of $50 for the use of certain library equipment
- Cash/check is acceptable as a deposit
- Within 24 hours of the event the library’s director will determine whether or not the rooms were left in the
same condition it was in when supplied to the applicant.
- The library will retain the security deposit if the room is found not to be in the condition in which it was
supplied to the applicant.
- If any damage or loss to the library exceeds the amount of the security deposit…the applicant agrees to
compensate the library for the full amount.
- The library reserves the right to pursue collection of the full amount necessary to repair or replace the
- The library accepts no responsibility for theft or damage to property belonging to any other organizations or
By signing the application, applicants accept full responsibility for any damage to library property, which they or their
Capacity: 100 persons (we recommend no more than 75 persons for comfort)
Availability of tables and chairs:
- 10- 6 foot tables (able to seat 8 persons)
- 9 bridge tables
- 84 chairs
Food and beverage service: The following Kitchen Rules must be adhered to before vacating the premises:
- You are welcome to store and prepare refreshments just prior to the event.
- All perishable food must be removed from the premises immediately following the event.
- NOTE: Upon request, a coffee and tea set up is available for an additional fee from the Friends Café.
Specific arrangements need to be made with the Café manager. Please ask specifically for a set up from
the Café well in advance of your event to ensure availability of this service.
- Please wash and dry any other utensils you have used and return them to the cabinets /drawers from which
they were removed.
- Be sure stovetop burners and oven are turned off and cleaned of debris.
- Be sure any crumbs, sugar etc. have been removed from counters and floors. If it is necessary, please sweep
the floor. Cleaning equipment is behind the door.
- Deposit all waste paper and trash in the kitchen waste container. Place recyclables in appropriate containers.
- Groups using the meeting rooms on a regular basis may be assigned private lockers. Only non- perishable
food (tea bags, sugar, etc.) may be stored.
- Groups need to provide their own supplies.