Resources for Kids and their Families:
- WideOpenSchool.org – Powered by Common Sense. Resources for Educators as well as families. Featuring content from: Khan Academy, Scholastic, Amplify, National Geographic, Sesame Workshop, Time for Kids, National Head Start Association (NHSA), PBS, Boys & Girls Club of America, noggin, Comcast, YouTube, Google, Salesforce, Zoom and AFT (A Union of Professionals)
- KidsHealth Resources – Excellent ideas developed by Jessica Carlin, 4th grade teacher at Bedminster Schools: Mindful Mondays, Talk About It Tuesdays, Wellness Wednesday, Therapeutic Thursdays, Fitness Fridays
- Ben Clantoon (Narwhal) Join Ben Clanton for an online drawing class called Miximal Mondays! on Instagram Live on Mondays at 12:30 P.M. ET.https://www.facebook.com/Clantoons/ or check out Narwhal and Jelly coloring pages on his website: http://www.benclanton.com/2020/03/fb-live.html
- James Dean (author of Pete the Cat) reads various Pete the Cat stories weekdays at 12 pm.
https://www.instagram.com/petethecatofficial/ or at https://www.facebook.com/PetetheCatOfficial/
- International Children’s Digital Library – Free online children’s books from around the world in many languages for ages 3 to 13.
- Oliver Jeffers (the Day the Crayons Quit): Drawings and stories at 6 pm / 2 pm / 11 am
- Jeff Kinney (Diary of a Wimpy Kid):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtcFSlkCW4A – reading | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzyMHe6t7dY – drawing video
- Jarrett Krosoczka- Draw with Jarrett (author of the Lunch Lady series) weekdays at 2 pm.
- Peter Hamilton Reynolds (author of “The Dot” book) – live readings weekdays at 12 pm.
- Shark Storytimes with The Atlantic White Shark Conservancy. Join the Shark Conservancy on Facebook Live every day this week at 10AM (EST) for Shark Story Hour. Each day they will be reading a new shark themed book followed by a shark Q/A session.
- Songs for Seeds– singalongs and musical playalongs
- Mo Willems: Lunch Time Doodle’s with the Kennedy Center’s Artist-in-Residence, weekdays at 1 pm.
- PBS How to Talk to your Kids about Coronavirus – https://www.pbs.org/parents/thrive/how-to-talk-to-your-kids-about-coronavirus